I adapted this from one of my favorite Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipes. It is so good. You will want to eat the entire pan in one sitting. But, don’t do that! It makes 1 loaf…which should yield 8 servings. Each serving is 216 calories (according to MyFitnessPal). You can do smaller slices for less calories if you’d like.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini, packed tight (no skin)
- 1 medium Fuji, Gala or Honeycrisp apple, grated (I did half on the large side and half on the small side so that I wouldn’t have too much watery puree)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan well
- Combine almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add the water, vanilla, agave, shredded zucchini, and apple. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean in the center.
The longer you let it cool, the better your first slice will stay together. Or, you can be like me and cut into it right away….and just eat it with a fork because you’re impatient. Enjoy!